Is your smile beginning to lose its luster? Have your oral health care habits begun to slack, causing a dip in your oral health. If so, there are plenty of options to improve your smile beyond just brushing and flossing. Studies have shown that sugarless gum and mouthwash are both excellent options for combating tooth decay and gum disease.
Keep your smile shining brightly with these helpful hints:
– Studies have shown that if you chew sugarless gum for at least a period of twenty minutes after a meal, it can wash away bacteria and food particles to help defend you better from cavities.
– Sugarless gum can increase your saliva flow, which contains ingredients that can nullify the harmful acids caused by bacteria that can destroy tooth enamel.
– Sugarless gum can help thwart heartburn or acid buildup in the esophagus.
– Mouthwash can eradicate halitosis (bad breath) and tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can be used as an accessory in the fight against cavities by stopping plaque buildup.
– Mouthwash can slow the speed of and even prevent gingivitis, which is the early stages of gum disease.
For more wonderful and amazing oral health care tactics recommended by our team at Vela Dental Centers Crosstown, give us a call at 361.884.2266. If you would like to book an appointment with Dr. Ben Vela & Henry Arendono at our dentist office in Corpus Christi, Texas, please contact us during regular office hours. With a little love and some support, your smile can be as flawless as you want it to be.