Avoid oral health care mistakes during the holidays. With all the bells and whistles that parade around us this time of year, it’s important to resist the temptations that could potentially lead you astray this season. Caring for your oral health and overall well-being should always take precedent over every other activity you may encounter.
Our dedicated team at Vela Dental Centers Crosstown is here to ensure you will have the merriest of holidays, and that your teeth shall shine bright long after the season has ended. Below are a few steps you should take to do your part in keep your smile bright:
– Be sure to brush twice daily and floss once daily with either dental floss or a suitable dental tool approved by your dentist.
– Eat healthy.
– Visit your dentist at Vela Dental Centers Crosstown for an oral examination and your regularly scheduled professional cleanings.
– Avoid hard candies like candy canes and peanut brittle. They can easily chip or crack your teeth. Avoid chewy candy like caramels or gummies. Sticky candies can easily stick to your teeth and gums and can be hard to remove even when brushing. As an alternative snack, try sugarless gum to hold your appetite over between meals.
– Cook more healthy foods this year, and fewer desserts, cookies, and pies.
– Do not indulge in-between-meal snacks. The longer sugar and other harmful materials are in contact with your teeth, the greater risk of damage.
You don’t have to fight the battle against bad hygiene alone this year. Our expert team at Vela Dental Centers Crosstown is here to craft you the best personalized plan for all your dental needs. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Ben Vela & Henry Arendono, call us at 361.884.2266, or drop by our office in Corpus Christi, Texas. Come on in and enjoy the gift of a great smile for the holidays!